schedule & availability
Schedule a private yoga class or mobility training session. I have availability in my schedule for a few private clients. Please click here to read more and schedule a consultation!
Online live yoga classes via Zoom are available to schedule now– Kinstretch (Tuesdays, 5 pm) and Slow Flow (Thursdays, 5 pm). You can book your class below:
send laura a message!
If you have ANY questions, please send me a message. I will respond as promptly as I can.
- understanding cultural appropriationOne of the challenges that we face in the contemporary wellness/healing/spiritual world is how to share, honor and celebrate the indigenous roots of the practices we love, without engaging in cultural appropriation. The practice of yoga feels especially problematic. The long history of yoga has as many twists and turns as the story of IndiaContinue reading “understanding cultural appropriation”
- real safety is anti-fragilityIf you’ve taken a yoga class over the past decade, you’ve probably heard some of the following cues: “Never let your knee travel further than your ankle– you want to protect your knee.” “Brace your abdominals to protect your back.” “Never roll up to stand from a forward fold, or you’ll cause damage to yourContinue reading “real safety is anti-fragility”
- biophilia: a human longing to connect to natureHere in South Florida, it’s not uncommon to spend summers avoiding as much of the outdoors as possible (with the exception of boating, beaching, and that kind of thing). It’s just so damn hot. I walk the dogs earlier in the morning and later at night to avoid the heat of the day, and evenContinue reading “biophilia: a human longing to connect to nature”
- finding your footing in warrior 1What’s the right alignment for Warrior 1? That’s up to you! In this post, we’ll explore cues and alignment for Warrior 1 and how they might affect different bodies.
- (vegan) double chocolate zucchini muffinsThis is my go-to recipe when I have extra zucchini, am craving a little chocolate something, or want an easy food gift for a friend. Years ago, I modified this King Arthur Flour recipe to be vegan, potentially gluten-free, and make muffins rather than a loaf. I’ve been asked for this recipe so many timesContinue reading “(vegan) double chocolate zucchini muffins”