schedule & availability
At this time I have limited availability for new clients, but I’d love to hear from you if you think working together might be a good fit. I do not have any sliding scale spaces available at this time. I am not currently teaching any group classes. Please click here to read more.
send me a message!
I’m happy to hear from you! It may take up to 3 days for me to read your message and respond thoughtfully. I’m looking forward to connecting!
- emotional labor: dissociation for hireA few weeks ago, over the holidays, I was in line at a Starbucks when the mother of one of the employees came into the store to surprise her daughter. “Hi, honey!” she called, from the back of a long line of waiting customers. “Why aren’t you smiling more?” I cringed as the young woman,Continue reading “emotional labor: dissociation for hire”
- will movement cure your anxiety?If you’re someone who works with anxiety, you already know how overwhelming it can be. This is especially true for folks with a history of trauma, but anyone can find themselves being swept up in anxiety. Anxiety might feel like: We may have heard that movement can help with anxiety. In my experience with myContinue reading “will movement cure your anxiety?”
- imposter syndrome isn’t your faultIf you’re like me, you’ve experienced Imposter Syndrome in your lifetime– that sense that you should know more than you do, that you’re not really as good as you’re pretending to be, that if other people only knew, they’d be shocked and would certainly denounce you for the fraud you truly are. And, if you’reContinue reading “imposter syndrome isn’t your fault”
- Perception is Embodied (but what does that mean?)Of course, we all know that each of us sees things a little differently. For example, if you’re lactose intolerant (or a vegan), dairy ice cream looks very different to you than it might to someone else. If you were bit by a dog as a child, then you don’t see them as the sameContinue reading “Perception is Embodied (but what does that mean?)”
- what is bilateral stimulation?In 1987, Dr. Francine Shapiro went for a walk. As she walked, she noticed that her eyes were moving from side to side, and that some disturbing thoughts she’d been having were easing. She said: “The thoughts weren’t as bothersome. I wanted to see if it would work if it was deliberate, so I broughtContinue reading “what is bilateral stimulation?”