schedule & availability
Schedule a private yoga class or mobility training session. I have availability in my schedule for a few private clients. Please click here to read more and schedule a consultation!
Online live yoga classes via Zoom are available to schedule now– Kinstretch (Tuesdays, 5 pm) and Slow Flow (Thursdays, 5 pm). You can book your class below:
send laura a message!
If you have ANY questions, please send me a message. I will respond as promptly as I can.
- a basic understanding of traumaIt seems like trauma is trending lately– we hear more about it in mainstream news, and it feels as though there’s much less stigma around mental health issues. Many people I know are comfortable talking about their own therapy, their past (and present) trauma, and many yoga teachers, personal trainers and movement coaches are learningContinue reading “a basic understanding of trauma”
- understanding cultural appropriationOne of the challenges that we face in the contemporary wellness/healing/spiritual world is how to share, honor and celebrate the indigenous roots of the practices we love, without engaging in cultural appropriation. The practice of yoga feels especially problematic. The long history of yoga has as many twists and turns as the story of IndiaContinue reading “understanding cultural appropriation”
- real safety is anti-fragilityIf you’ve taken a yoga class over the past decade, you’ve probably heard some of the following cues: “Never let your knee travel further than your ankle– you want to protect your knee.” “Brace your abdominals to protect your back.” “Never roll up to stand from a forward fold, or you’ll cause damage to yourContinue reading “real safety is anti-fragility”
- biophilia: a human longing to connect to natureHere in South Florida, it’s not uncommon to spend summers avoiding as much of the outdoors as possible (with the exception of boating, beaching, and that kind of thing). It’s just so damn hot. I walk the dogs earlier in the morning and later at night to avoid the heat of the day, and evenContinue reading “biophilia: a human longing to connect to nature”
- finding your footing in warrior 1What’s the right alignment for Warrior 1? That’s up to you! In this post, we’ll explore cues and alignment for Warrior 1 and how they might affect different bodies.