schedule & availability
I am not currently teaching public classes, but I have availability in my schedule for a few private clients. Please click here to read more.
send laura a message!
If you have any questions, please send me a message. It may take up to 3 days for me to read your message and respond thoughtfully. I’m looking forward to connecting!
- mindful angerWhat’s your capacity to be embodied, present and engaged with anger? Before we jump into this topic, it might be helpful to reflect for a moment on your relationship with anger: When you read or hear the word “anger,” what do you notice in your body? In your personal history, what has happened when youContinue reading “mindful anger”
- taking control of the narrativesometimes our deeply held beliefs about ourselves don’t hold up to scrutiny. For years, I’d been sure that I was not getting enough sleep. I would wake up in the morning feeling tired, often disturbed by the vivid dreams I experienced. If I woke up in the middle of the night, I’d anxiously count theContinue reading “taking control of the narrative”
- pyschosomatic doesn’t mean imaginaryJust because it doesn’t “make sense,” doesn’t mean it’s not real. Psychosomatic symptoms are caused by a complex constellation of factors, including mental, emotional or social conditions. They are as harmful or dangerous as any medically-diagnosed condition. When I was 13 years old, I had all of the symptoms of mononucleosis. After being tested byContinue reading “pyschosomatic doesn’t mean imaginary”
- “can’t you just…”Last week, one of my clients was telling me about her past experience with a yoga teacher. “She was young, thin, her body could do everything, and she was just trying to push my body into different positions, like, ‘can’t you just do this,’ and it wasn’t working at all…” In that moment, not onlyContinue reading ““can’t you just…””
- they handed me a french horn: (it’s not too late to be who you wish you had been)“There is an inner wholeness that presses its still unfilled claims upon us.” Emma Jung My one and only childhood encounter with musical instruction happened at the age of 9. My classmates and I were filed into a small room where a visibly irritated and tired teacher handed each of us a musical instrument. WhenContinue reading “they handed me a french horn: (it’s not too late to be who you wish you had been)”