What to expect:
- Learn and practice basic circular patterns with Indian clubs
- A creative movement practice, with music, that incorporates circular body movements
- Drawing large circles (mandalas)– I recommend wearing black clothing or “paint clothes” that you don’t mind getting dirty as you’ll have the option to use charcoal for drawing. Charcoal may not wash out of your clothing.
- Lecture, discussion, and options to share (or not)
- Meditation, reflection and journaling throughout.
Our movement practice will include Indian clubs and bodyweight/free movement, as well as embodied mandala drawing practice. You are welcome to participate as much or as little as you like.
Important to know:
Please bring a journal, if you keep one, or something to write in.
I recommend wearing black clothing or “paint clothes” that you don’t mind getting dirty as you’ll have the option to use charcoal for drawing. Charcoal may not wash out of your clothing.
Accessibility notes: This workshop teaches the use of Indian clubs, which are swung with the arms and weigh between .75-1.25 pounds. If you are not physically able, comfortable with, or interested in practicing with these, you are still welcome to attend and participate in other parts of the class. We will also be drawing on large paper on the floor. While chairs are available for seating during the lecture and discussion parts of the class, desk surfaces are not available for drawing. If you have questions or concerns about accessibility, please contact me. Please know that you are welcome even if you cannot or prefer not to participate in all parts of the workshop.
This workshop is not a replacement for licensed mental health care, and may not be appropriate for folks who are experiencing active states of trauma, depression, anxiety, or overwhelm.
Covid-19 Protocol: The group size is limited to 5 participants. Masks are not required unless you are not vaccinated. You must either be fully vaccinated or wearing a mask in order to participate.
Space is limited. Payment is required to reserve your space.
Refund policy: If you wish to cancel your enrollment in a training, you will receive a refund as follows:
a. 30+ days in advance: A full refund minus a $10 administration fee.
b. 8–29 days in advance: 50% refund.
c. Less than 7 days in advance: No refund.